Want to be part of a great team with a clear purpose to transform lives with tech?
24 January 2019
Background and context
Social Tech Trust is at an exciting stage. With a clear purpose to transform lives with tech, the dedication of our expert team, a supportive Board, and a strong portfolio of social tech start-ups, we’re ready to scale our impact.
In pursuit of our vision of a world where social transformation is the driving force behind tech, we’ve already invested more than £30 million in over 750 socially motivated initiatives. Following a strategic review, we are expanding our grant programmes to inspire tech innovation and further developing our investment function to provide ventures with the longer-term support they need to scale.
Drawing on a decade of experience as a leading tech focused charity, we’re now challenging tech to do more for us – placing social need first, so tech has a transformative impact on the lives of people across the UK.
The Project Co-ordinator will play a key role in the organisation, working with the team to support our grant and investment programmes, providing marketing and administrative support to the Trust, CEO and wider team to ensure the effective running of the Trust.
We’re looking for exceptionally organised, forward thinking and proactive individual. The successful candidate will be a confident and proactive team player who has strong communication skills and is driven by the desire for quality outcomes. The role offers the opportunity to work as part of a small and dynamic team, with the scope to contribute to the organisation’s core activities as we aim to transform lives with tech.
The Project Co-ordinator will work with the team to support the delivery and administration of the grant and investment programmes; co-ordinate the Trust’s communications activity and operations systems; and support the CEO and Board functions.
- Support the grants and investment programmes including co-ordination of grant programmes, investments and communications with our portfolio of ventures
- Working directly with ventures to support them to deliver in line with agreed milestones
- Ownership, or support for projects, as required
- Collating and analysing data and information from ventures on their agreed outputs, outcomes and successes to inform reporting, impact assessment and evaluation
- Providing advice, support and information to partners and stakeholders on programme development, implementation and reporting
- Preparing reports, dashboards and presentations for internal and external audiences
- Supporting the delivery of our communications strategy e.g. managing information for our website, social media activity, events co-ordination and internal communications
- Managing incoming enquiries to the Trust
- Managing suppliers e.g. telecoms, tech support, office suppliers
- Administering systems e.g. internal customer database and HR systems
- Maintaining pleasant and well-equipped office environments
- Administrative duties to support the CEO and team e.g. travel arrangements, diary management, minuting Board and Committee meetings, ad-hoc data analysis and reporting
- Any other tasks as required by the Trust to support the successful running of the organisation
Location: London or Oxfordshire
Role type: Permanent, full-time
Reporting line: CEO
The ideal candidate will be motivated by the potential for social transformation to drive tech. They will be a confident self-starter and proactive team player, with excellent attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- A shared belief in Social Tech Trust’s vision of a world where social transformation is the driving force behind tech
- Demonstrable interest in tech, entrepreneurship and social impact
- Previous experience in a team/project co-ordination role
- Proven ability to work independently and proactively to manage multiple competing priorities
- Highly organised, with demonstrable experience of working well under pressure
- Proven ability to work at pace
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Experience of writing and managing media content including social media and web updates
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills with a propensity to look for opportunities to enhance all interactions with the Trust’s partners
- Proven ability to work collaboratively as part of a small team
- Action-oriented work ethic
- High attention to detail with a drive for excellence
- Ability to establish personal credibility and inspire confidence both internally and externally
- Excellent working knowledge of Office 365, especially Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel; willing and able to learn new programmes
- Willing to travel occasionally and attend some evening work at events etc.
- Relevant degree or equivalent professional experience
- Background in finance, tech, entrepreneurship or the social sector
How to apply
To apply for the role of Project Co-ordinator, please forward your CV, together with a covering letter (maximum two sides of A4).
Please ensure that your application fully addresses how you meet the requirements of the role as defined in the person specification.
Please provide the names, positions, organisations and telephone contact numbers of two referees relevant to this role. References will only be taken, with your permission, once your application has progressed to offer stage.
Applications and enquiries should be submitted to Kathy Marcham at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is Friday 15th February. Interviews will take place week commencing 25th February.